Toyota GR86 AE86 40th Anniversary
Toyota Japan has unveiled the 2024 GR86 "AE86 40th Anniversary Edition," a special edition model limited to only 200 units exclusively for the Japanese market.
This celebratory vehicle will be offered with both manual and automatic transmissions and boasts a range of exterior and interior design updates. Notably, it features the RZ trim and themed decals that read "Since 1983 40th," paying homage to the iconic AE86 popularized in the manga series Initial D.
The GR86 Anniversary Edition will be available in two color options: white with black accents or red with black accents. It also comes with special edition 18-inch wheels finished in a dark grey metallic, black mirror caps, and a black rear spoiler.
In addition to the cosmetic enhancements, the Anniversary Edition GR86 offers some technical upgrades as well. These include Brembo disc brakes and Sachs absorbers, which enhance the vehicle's performance and handling.
Pricing for the manual transmission variant of the GR86 Anniversary Edition starts at ¥3,822,000 Yen or approximately $25,652 USD. The automatic transmission counterpart begins at ¥3,920,000 Yen or $26,310 USD.
Given the anticipated high demand for this limited edition model, Toyota has announced that a lottery system will be used to determine the allocation of the available stock.
In other news from the automotive industry, the Nissan London Design Studio has unveiled a bold concept car called the "20-23."
- MG's 2024 Plans: Flagship SUV and ICE Line-Up Refresh
- Stellantis CEO adeptly addresses challenging queries from auto dealers
- Suttie's Weeklong Adventure in a Honda ZR-V Hybrid SUV
- New Restrictions on Sales of Petrol, Diesel, and Hybrid Vehicles
- Renault Bigster Arriving in South Africa by 2026
- Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels - Hungary plant expansion meets high demand.
- Fiat Titano Shares Peugeot Landtrek DNA
- Chery starts electric vehicle production in Indonesia