Ford's Innovative Solution for Trucks and SUVs
Ford is developing an innovative inflatable bumper for trucks and SUVs to enhance pedestrian safety, which is particularly timely considering recent research from the IIHS. The study confirms that trucks and SUVs with large, blocky front ends pose a greater risk to pedestrians compared to other vehicles. While the IIHS advocates for design changes in these vehicles, it is important to note that the bulky front ends often serve practical purposes, such as improving the approach angle for off-road vehicles like the F-150 Raptor.
However, CarBuzz has uncovered a patent filed by Ford at the United States Patent and Trademark Office that offers a potential solution. This patent aims to enhance pedestrian safety without altering the overall design of these vehicles, albeit at the cost of added complexity and expenses.
- Stellantis CEO adeptly addresses challenging queries from auto dealers
- Suttie's Weeklong Adventure in a Honda ZR-V Hybrid SUV
- New Restrictions on Sales of Petrol, Diesel, and Hybrid Vehicles
- Renault Bigster Arriving in South Africa by 2026
- Alcoa Dura-Bright wheels - Hungary plant expansion meets high demand.
- Fiat Titano Shares Peugeot Landtrek DNA
- Chery starts electric vehicle production in Indonesia
- Kia Sonet receives facelift with new ADAS features