The 2022 Ford Mustang Mach-E Electric SUV Gets New Updates, Prices Start at $43,895
The popularity of Ford's electric Mustang Mach-E SUV is at an all-time high right now. Earlier this month, the New York City Police Dept placed an order for 184 Mach-Es, which will be used for emergency response and law enforcement purposes.
Now Ford has revealed the pricing for the 2022 Mach E, which comes with a wide range of new upgrades.
Last year, we reported that the 2022 Mach-E would offer more range after an ordering guide for the 2022 model surfaced online. True to our report, the newest version of the Mach-E offers more range than its predecessor, as well as other updates, including new paint options and alloy wheels.
True to the specifications mentioned in the leaked ordering guide, the new standard range Mach-E comes equipped with a 70 kWh battery pack. However, a larger, 91 kWh battery pack is available in the extended range version for the Mach E. In addition to the battery upgrades, by improving the charging curve of the 2022 Mach-E beyond 80%, Ford managed to preserve the battery longevity of the electric crossover.
Compared to the 305-mile range of the 2021 Mach-E with an 88 kWh battery pack, the new extended range variant offers an EPA estimated range of 314 miles on a full charge.
Customers can also now order the Premium grade variant of the 2022 Mach-E with Ford's "Ice White Appearance" package. Owners who opt for this variant will get Oxford White Mustang pony badges, 19-inch aluminum wheels with Oxford white painted pockets, Star White mirror caps, Oxford White front door badging and a Star White metallic tri-coat paint option.
Inside the cabin, we find that the Mach E's dashboard, center armrest, door panels, and seats are now wrapped in gloss white leather. The Mustang logo on the steering wheel also flaunts a white finish. Furthermore, all 2022 GT and GT Performance Edition models will get a blackout roof as standard.
Ford will also offer Cyber Orange Metallic Tri-coat and Grabber Blue metallic paint options on all Mach-E models.
Ford has also announced that customers can now buy Mach-E California Route 1 edition with all-wheel-drive. The Mach-E California Route 1 is also available with a heated steering wheel and seats.
The order banks for the 2022 electric crossover are now open. We expect the first batch of Mach Es with the improved range numbers will hit the market sometime in Q1.
Prices for the entry-level Mach E electric crossover start at $43,895 before the federal EV tax credit.
- The New Porsche Taycan Cross Turismo Sets World Record for the Greatest Altitude Change in an EV to the Summit of Pikes Peak
- Here’s Why The Battery Pack of Tesla Model S Plaid is An Electrification Masterpiece
- Electric Brand Polestar is Developing a Single Unit, 636 HP Electric Powertrain With Two-Speed Gearbox, Reports Say
- Hyundai's More Affordable IONIQ 5 With a 58 kWh Battery is a Bargain Compared to Tesla's Model Y
- Volkswagen Confirms its Building the Electric 'ID.California' Campervan
- Toyota Partners With BYD to Develop a More Affordable Electric Sedan for the China Market
- Tesla's Model 3 and Model Y Prices Increase in China as the Country's EV Subsidies Are Reduced
- Here’s Everything You Need to Know About the 2023 Subaru Solterra EV